Applied with care, High Dynamic Range technique (HDR) can create amazingly beautiful photos which blur our sense of difference between reality and illusion.
The intention is to properly represent a wide range of intensity levels found on real scenes, ranging from deepest shadows to direct sunlights.
Traditionally, an HDR shot is achieved by taking multiple images with different exposures of the same scene and merging those photos together to get the best exposed parts of each on the final image. And the results can be really incredible.
This post covers 20 extremely easy HDR video tutorials that are based on photographers experience from all over the world. Some of them may look too colorful or surreal, fake or magic – but they’re not! Keep in mind that all of them were developed out of usual shots.
1. Secrets of amazing HDR photography
2. Photoshop tutorial: creating an HDR image from a single RAW file
3. Zoner Photo Studio 12 Tutorial
4. How to Get HDR Photos on Your iPod Touch 4G Camera [HD]
5. HDR Tutorial
6. HDR Tutorial
7. Photomatix Pro 4 HDR Software Tutorial Covering Tone Mapping Using Detail Enhancer
8. Lightroom 4.1 new HDR feature compare to Photomatix by Serge Ramelli
9. How to do HDR Photography using Photoshop – Tutorial
10. Basics of HDR Photography
11. HDR Processing Techniques with Rob Hanson
12. Quick HDR Landscape Tutorial
13. HDR Tutorial with Bracketing and Photomatix Pro
14. Captain Kimo’s HDR Technique Revealed
15. Lightroom Tutorial: HDR Look with a Single Image
16. Complete HDR Photo How-To Tutorial
17. Photoshop: HDR Effect Tutorial
18. HDR Photomatix + Photoshop
19. How To HDR Photography Tutorial
20. Tutorial Photoshop CS5 – HDR effect
Not Quite Over
HDR photography could have an amazing result, if its done correctly. Thus, I’d like to share my last piece of advice: the key is not to go extreme and combine dozens of photos, leaving every pixel of the image well exposed. Just leave some room for the natural light, shadows and use moderation, combining all of your images.
Before starting your photo practice with one of these video guides, check out our HDR technique.
Like and share this showcase with social media to give your friends a chance to learn HDR too. Stay with us – tons of incredibly interesting articles are coming soon!
I never really understood why this technique is considered as being useful to learn. It looks awful. and cheap.
the dynamic range of an ordinary photo is not very great with HDR you increase that range. Showing more highlights and shadows, if done properly most would not know it had been done over do it and it looks appalling. With film the range was their already with digital it is not
To Get Latest Update of Mayweather vs Guerrero Boxing Fight in online Showtime PPV may 4,2013.
When I started reading your article, I figured this would be the same old boring content I had been reading. I was completely wrong. Your article made this topic more clear in an interesting way.
thanks for your feedbakc, Friv 250 🙂 It means to me 🙂
Its really good.
thanks for your feedbakc
Is it really possible and practical then anyone can learn HDR Photography in just one day? After following all these videos is it really possible?
its so awful tutorial i am really so benefited thanks for sharing such excellent things here.
Your written lectures are very much informative. I have learned somethings from there . thank you very much for this kind of exclusive post..